Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: McCain the flip flopper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    McCain the flip flopper

    <span style='font-size: 14pt'>The Double-Talk Express</span>
    <span style='font-size: 11pt'>From tax cuts to torture, John McCain has flip-flopped on a host of issues - including his own immigration bill</span>

    <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Bush Tax Cuts</span>

    THEN
    2001: "I cannot in good conscience support a tax cut in which so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate among us at the expense of middle-class Americans."

    NOW
    2007: "I will not let the Democrats roll back the Bush tax cuts."
    2008: "I think that what we need is more tax cuts."

    <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Border Policy</span>

    THEN
    2006: Wrote McCain-Kennedy bill, which would have given 11 million illegal immigrants a path to citizenship.

    NOW
    Jan. 2008: In GOP primary debate, was asked whether he would still vote for his own bill: "No, I would not."

    <span style='font-size: 11pt'>
    Financial Regulation</span>

    THEN
    March 2008: Told The Wall Street Journal, "I'm always for less regulation." Called for "removing regulatory, accounting and tax impediments" to financial markets.

    NOW
    Sept. 2008: As Wall Street melted down, declared, "We're going to enact and enforce reforms to make sure that these outrages never happen in the first place."

    <span style='font-size: 11pt'>
    Waterboarding</span>

    THEN
    2007: "It was used in the Spanish Inquisition, it was used in Pol Pot's genocide in Cambodia, and there are reports that it is being used against Buddhist monks today....It is torture."

    NOW
    2008: Voted against bill that would prevent waterboarding by requiring all U.S. interrogators to comply with legal standards imposed by the Army Field Manual.

    <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Talking to Our Enemies</span>

    THEN
    2000: Favored "normalization of relations" with Cuba.
    2003: Called U.S. talks with Syria "appropriate."
    2006: Approved of U.S. talking to the Palestinian Authority.

    NOW
    2008: Said Obama's willingness to meet with enemy regimes shows his "naiveté and inexperience and lack of judgement."

    <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Lobbyists</span>

    THEN
    1997: Wrote legislation to ban lobbyists from political campaigns. Said lobbyist fundraisers "clearly represent a conflict of interest."

    NOW
    2008: Campaign relies on more than 170 lobbyists to raise money and serve as aides and advisers.

    <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Pursuing Al Qaeda in Pakistan</span>

    THEN
    February 2008: Called Obama's insistence that America can track down and kill Al Qaeda in Pakistan the "confused leadership of an inexperienced candidate."

    NOW
    September 2008: Voiced no objections when Bush ordered U.S. special forces to invade Pakistani territory in pursuit of Al Qaeda militants.

    <span style='font-size: 11pt'>AIG Bailout</span>

    THEN
    Sept. 16th, 2008: "I do not believe that the American taxpayer should be on the hook for AIG."

    NOW
    Next day: Backed bailout: "There were literally millions of people whose retirement, whose investments, whose insurance were at risk here."

    <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Gay Marriage</span>

    THEN
    October 2006: Tells Chris Matthews of Hardball, "I think gay marriage should be allowed."

    NOW
    Minutes later: "I do not believe that gay marriages should be legal."

    Rolling Stone [From Issue 1063 "? October 16, 2008]
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...talk_express/1
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain the flip flopper

    People want to call Obama that when Mccain is the definition of it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain the flip flopper

    IMO, Obama ain't great...but McCain don't even know where he $hit last.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: McCain the flip flopper

    How about the line to de-value homes and THEN buy the loans taking the loss? We all need to move into a much bigger home if he gets in office. He said he would keep us all in our homes. I'm not gonna live forever, he can float whatever I owe when I die off. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain the flip flopper

    They all suck...

    You can't talk much more about a flip-flop than Bidden

    "Obama isn't ready to be President"
    "Oh he is great, cough, now that I'm VP nod"
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  6. #6
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain the flip flopper

    Like you guys said about Palin....Biden isn't running for President. McCain is.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: McCain the flip flopper

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] We are screwed, I'm afraid.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain the flip flopper

    You guys? I dont care much for Palin either
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  9. #9
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCain the flip flopper

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] We are screwed, I'm afraid. </div></div>

    yea, I reckon me and spuds are movin to some cave....I'll start cuttin wood this weeekend spud
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •